by Pat
on Oct 18th, 2006


Dear oh dear. The pub by our office no longer has spotted dick on its menu. It now has:

“Spotted Richard”

Here’s a question for you: is it PC gone mad or is it actually the real name of the dessert and I’m just ignorant?

Yours befuddledly,


3 Responses to “Question”

  1. Levinon 19 Oct 2006 at 2:47 pm

    The “PC gone mad” name for Spotted Dick would surely be:

    “Dermatologically challenged Richard”

    We can’t be making the spotty people feel upset, can we!

  2. Stuarton 19 Oct 2006 at 3:05 pm

    That’s nuts!

    Or raisins.

    It’s definitely ‘Spotted Dick’. Always has been.

  3. J Qon 24 Oct 2006 at 1:57 pm

    Oh for gods sake. . . what is the world, or UK perhaps might be the better generic, coming to. This sort of PC cr*p really p*ss*s me off. Y are we allowing all our “Englishness” to be destroyed . . . long live pink rock!!! (That’s the eating kind!!!)